Sports massage is designed to help athletes prepare their bodies for optimal performance, recover after a big event or to function well during training.
Sports massage isn’t just beneficial to athletes or sports people, it can be beneficial to people with injuries, chronic pain or restricted movement gained from their working environment.
Sports massage has the following benefits:
- Increase blood circulation and lymphatic flow
- Reduces heart rate and blood pressure
- Promotes flexibility and range of movement
- Breaks down adhesions and fibrous tissue assisting flexibility
- Alleviates stress, tension and anxiety both physically and mentally
- Prepares an athlete for peak optimal performance
- Assists in recovery from performance
- Aids in prevention of injury by strengthening tissue
- Aids rehabilitation from injury in recovery